Workshops for Pregnancy, Birth + Early Postpartum
7-week Comprehensive series:
Body, Breath, Heart + Mind: A Contemplative Birthing Workshop
1. Understanding Birth
2. Movement and Partner Support for Birth
3. Working WITH the Sensations of Birth
4. Interventions, Consent, Birth Plans
6. Newborn Care
7. Breastfeeding + Bonding
©Lisa Gendron | Agroterra Birth
HOW TO CHOOSE A CLASS OR SERIES: Planning on an un-medicated birth? Planning on using epidural/pain medication? Classes are for anyone preparing to give birth, however they choose to birth. If you have a scheduled cesarean, please contact us for classes that will are supportive in preparing for your cesarean birth and newborn. Women and their birth support can choose individual classes, or can take the full 7-week comprehensive series package. Class fees cover both the birthing women and her birth partner/s. Please review our cancellation policies here.
Birthing: Body, Breath, Heart & Mind: a Contemplative Workshop
Pregnancy, birth and parenting require a leap of faith into the unknown and the uncontrollable. How can we do this, but still remain empowered and safe? Join other couples and explore the journey of birth and postpartum through experiential exercises, mindfulness practices and conceptual learning. Discover how turning to the wisdom of our bodies, hearts and minds can guide us in accepting the uncontrollable in birth, while remaining empowered in our choices. Mindfulness practices and experiential exercises help guide mother and birth partner toward a deep trust of the woman’s ability to birth, the birth partner’s capacity to support, the baby’s active participation in his/her arrival, and the woman and her family’s readiness to welcome a new baby. Classes develop knowledge of the birth process, standard US birth practices and interventions, and the family’s choices in childbirth and newborn care. Discussions and resources provided support families in choosing providers, birthing locations, and practices that are supportive of individual belief systems and needs. For individual class details, please read descriptions below. Families who cannot attend the series in sequential order are welcome to choose their class dates. Please email us your details.
To Enroll in a 7-week series:
1. Choose the correct start date for Class One: From In To Out – Understanding Birth.
2. Click the “Enroll Now” button.
3. Choose the series fee ($375*) and complete your payment. We will automatically enter you in the remaining series dates class rosters.
4. To choose different dates for any of your classes, please email us with your chosen dates.
UPCOMING SERIES DATES
Sundays 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, 5/26, 6/2, 6/8*, 6/9
Mondays 5/20, 5/27, 6/3, 6/10, 6/17, 6/24, 7/1
Sundays 6/23, 6/30, 7/14, 7/21, 7/28, 8/4, 8/11
Mondays 7/8, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29, 8/5, 8/12, 8/19
Sundays 9/8, 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20
Mon. 9/23, 9/30, 10 7, 10/14, 10/21, 10/28, 11/4
Sun. 10/27, 11/2, 11/24, 12/1, 12/8, 12/15, 12/22
Mon. 11/18, 11/25, 12/2, 12/9, 12/16, 12/23, 1/6
TIMES 7 Sundays 3-6pm*, 7 Mondays 6-9pm *signifies Saturday 3-6pm classes
1. From In to Out: Understanding Birth
2. Labor of Love: Movement and Partner Support for Birth
3. Power + Pain: Working WITH the Sensations of Birth
4. Informed Choices: Interventions, Consent and Birth Plans
5. A Brave New World: Preparing for the Postpartum
6. A Baby! Now whatt!? – Newborn Care
7. The Nursling – Breastfeeding + Bonding
Cesarean Scar Rehabilitation Workshop
Dream On: The Art + Science of Infant Sleep