From In to Out: Understanding Birth
Traveling to the “land of birth” is like parachuting into an unknown universe. It can be magical and the adventure of a lifetime. It can also be overwhelming and strange. Often, it is all of this and so much more.
Understanding the process of birth is an important starting point to preparing for an empowered experience, and the focus of this class. Join with 5-12 other expecting families to learn how your baby travels from inside the womb into your arms. Explore information, conversation and experiential exercises in this 2.5 hour workshop, followed by 30 minutes of optional community and Q+A time.
As you learn about the process of birth, we will discuss the important and unique roles of the baby, birthing parent and support person, and explore not only the transformation of the body, but also of the mind and emotions as your family is born.
Below you will find a sample class meditation audio recording as well as a video about Choices In Birth that we encourage families to watch as early in pregnancy as possible. (This topic is explored in more depth in the Informed Choices workshop.
Can’t thank you enough for your classes on labor/delivery. I was able to deliver him lying down on my side. Your pushing info along laboring techniques all came in very handy. [Our doctor] said we had done our homework!
- The Awareness Scan (birth meditation)
- The Power of LOVE + SAFETY in Birth
- Supporting the hormones of Labor
- Understanding the role of birth support
- Breath for Birth
- Understanding Breath as a Labor Superpower
- Belly Breathing (exercise)
- The Transforming Body
- The Changing Structures of Birth
- The Labor Process
- Pre-labor and Early Labor
- Active Labor
- Pushing + Birth
- Delivery of the Placenta
- Recognizing Preterm Labor
- When to call your Practitioner/Go to the Hospital
- The Mental + Emotional Journey of Birth (exercise)