Policies + Center Guidelines
Open Circle policies are created to help you feel supported and respected at our center. If you have any questions about our policies, please let us know.
A Community of Respect
We work hard to create a community of inclusivity, respect and kindness. We welcome families of all cultures, religions, sexual and gender orientations and from all educational, socio-economic and political backgrounds. Please let us know at any time if you have negative or unsupportive experiences at the center so that we can address any internal issues and work together to create a healthy community.
COVID-19 Safety for In-Person Classes and Bodywork Sessions
There are a number of precautions and procedures we are taking to try to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for clients and practitioners.
All students attending in person must present a vaccine card at their first class. Masks must be worn throughout the class, except when eating or drinking.
The studio is cleaned between classes and has HEPA filters to circulate and clean the air. We ask that students bring their own yoga mats (they can be rented for $5/mat) and wipe down blocks and other props after class with provided sanitizer.
In-person Bodywork Sessions:
- Please text us when you arrive at 401-338-5466 to let us know you have arrived. We will reply with information on when to come in.
- Clients are expected to wear face masks throughout their sessions and at all times while in our building.
- If you have any symptoms of illness as listed here, please let us know as soon as possible before your appointment and we will be happy to help you reschedule your appointment when you have been symptom-free for 10 days.
- If you learn of exposure to COVID-19 in the 14 days previous to your appointment with us, or become ill within 10 days of your appointment with us, please contact us immediately so we can take proper precautions.
Practitioner and Center Responsibilities:
- We do not see clients if we may have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing any potential symptoms. We will contact you if this is the case and help you reschedule when it is safe to do so.
- We wear masks at all times while in the treatment space
- We have a series of protocols to air out and clean the space between clients, including:
- scheduling 30 minutes between clients and opening windows
- constantly running high quality HEPA and HEGA filters in the treatment room
- Wiping down all contact and high touch surfaces with approved disinfectants
- Practitioners stagger their practice times and numbers of clients to keep traffic in the space at a minimum.
- All people in the treatment center are required to wear masks, follow safe-checklist protocols before coming and inform the center if exposure is suspected or symptoms arise within two weeks of having been at the center.
When is it good to participate in classes or workshops?
What are the benefits?
- Reduced stress / increased relaxation
- Increased confidence / well-being
- Relief of muscle spasms, fatigue and joint pain
- relieve of back, neck, hips, leg and foot pain
- Increased circulation / decreased swelling
- Improved comfort breathing
- Improved digestion and elimination
- Increased strength
- Emotional support
- Preparation for labor
- Postpartum healing support
- Increased abdominal and pelvic floor health
- Understanding emotional + physical self-care
- Infant care and breastfeeding support
- Support in learning your rights and options
- Support making decisions that are right for your specific family
- Community of pregnant and postpartum families
Prenatal + Postpartum Safety
We request prenatal and postpartum women to complete a Pregnancy/Postpartum health history form. We encourage you to discuss your interest in massage or classes with your providers, to learn whether they have any concerns or restrictions.
If you or your baby have any high-risk conditions, had health complications arise during your labor or birth, or have not yet seen your practitioner for your 6-week postpartum follow-up appointment, we also require their written release. Where applicable bring all releases to your first session or class.
If your healthcare worker would like to speak to us directly about concerns or modifications, please provide him or her with a written release. He or she is welcome to call Kaeli Sutton at 401-338-5466, or to email kaeli@opencircleRI.com.
Massage therapy and educational classes during pregnancy or postpartum are not intended to replace prenatal or postpartum medical care. If you are having trouble finding medical care, please let us know and we will help refer you to a practitioner or organization so that you receive the respectful care you and your baby both need and deserve.
Class, Workshop or Appointment Cancellations or Changes
All private appointments or private workshops require 24-hour notice of cancellation, except in the case of emergencies or sudden-onset illness. Appointments given less than 24 hours cancellation notice will be billed at the full session or workshop fee.
If your teacher or practitioner must cancel, she will do so with 24 hours advanced notice, except in the case of emergency or sudden-onset illness. If she must cancel in less than 24 hours, because of emergency, you will be offered $20 off your next session.
Class Series or Workshop Registrations and Cancellations or Changes:
Full payment for class series or workshops is required to reserve a space.*
Schedule changes must be requested at least two weeks in advance. We recommend notifying us as early as possible to ensure there is space in the class that you are hoping to attend.
If you decide to withdraw from the series or workshop, you must submit written or emailed withdrawal two weeks prior to the series/workshop start date. With adequate notice, any payments will be returned, minus a $35 administrative fee.
If the series or workshop is cancelled by Open Circle, you will be offered the choice of a full refund or credit at the Center that can be used for any of our services.
*Payment plans can be discussed on an individual basis prior to registering when finances do not allow pre-payment. All other registration and cancellation policies apply.
Class Series and Membership Policies
Class series fees are non-refundable. Students may make up classes with the six-week time period on another day.
Online memberships are available on a month-to-month basis, with automatic renewal. Cancellations for the next billing cycle can be made at any time before the next monthly fee. Cancellations and refunds for the current billing cycle are not available.
Please try to arrive 5 minutes early to each class or scheduled therapy appointment so that you have time to settle in. If you arrive late to a private session, your practitioner or teacher will give you a complete session if their schedule allows. If not, the session will end at the time originally scheduled.
Your practitioner or teacher will make every effort to begin your session on time. If a therapy session begins it late you will be offered the option of a complete session that day, or a longer session making up for missed time for your next appointment.
Classes, Workshops and Support Groups: Teachers are expected to respect student privacy and confidentiality. Any information shared in private will not be shared in group settings or with other individuals without direct permission of the individual involved.
Open Circle students and group participants are asked to keep any personal information shared by other group/class participants confidential and private. Please feel free to share what you learn with your family and community, but please don’t share specifics about those you learned it from.
Comfort In Classes
Please follow the guidelines below to keep yourself comfortable and safe:
- Wear comfortable, flexible clothing to online classes and workshops
- Have snacks and hydration on hand to keep yourself comfortable
- Take breaks and use the restroom as often as needed
- Please adjust your position or location as needed for physical comfort
Income-Based Pricing and Income Changes
If you receive income-and-resource based pricing reductions and have changes in your family’s income, please set up an appointment to evaluate your current payment tier / move you to another tier where appropriate.
Below you will find a list of forms to complete for participation in our classes or services. When registering for classes, your space will be held once payment has been received. Forms can be emailed to us, uploaded directly to your MindBody account, or brought in in person.
Please note that all forms are kept confidential after we receive them, but privacy while being transmitted cannot be fully guaranteed.
Prenatal and Parent + Baby Yoga Registration and Guidelines for Practice
Prenatal/Postnatal Health Questionnaire
Guidelines for Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga and Exercise
7-Week Birthing Series Registration
Class Series + Workshop Registration
Income + Resource Based Pricing Application