Policies + Center Guidelines
Open Circle policies are created to help you feel supported and respected at our center. If you have any questions about our policies, please let us know.
A Community of Respect
We work hard to create a community of inclusivity, respect and kindness. We welcome families of all cultures, religions, sexual and gender orientations and from all educational, socio-economic and political backgrounds. Please let us know at any time if you have negative or unsupportive experiences at the center so that we can address any internal issues and work together to create a healthy community.
When is it good to participate in classes or workshops?
What are the benefits?
- Reduced stress / increased relaxation
- Increased confidence / well-being
- Relief of muscle spasms, fatigue and joint pain
- relieve of back, neck, hips, leg and foot pain
- Increased circulation / decreased swelling
- Improved comfort breathing
- Improved digestion and elimination
- Increased strength
- Emotional support
- Preparation for labor
- Postpartum healing support
- Increased abdominal and pelvic floor health
- Understanding emotional + physical self-care
- Infant care and breastfeeding support
- Support in learning your rights and options
- Support making decisions that are right for your specific family
- Community of pregnant and postpartum families
Prenatal + Postpartum Safety
We request prenatal and postpartum women to complete a Pregnancy/Postpartum health history form. We encourage you to discuss your interest in massage or classes with your providers, to learn whether they have any concerns or restrictions.
If you or your baby have any high-risk conditions, had health complications arise during your labor or birth, or have not yet seen your practitioner for your 6-week postpartum follow-up appointment, we also require their written release. Where applicable bring all releases to your first session or class.
If your healthcare worker would like to speak to us directly about concerns or modifications, please provide him or her with a written release. He or she is welcome to call Kaeli Sutton at 401-338-5466, or to email kaeli@opencircleRI.com.
Massage therapy and educational classes during pregnancy or postpartum are not intended to replace prenatal or postpartum medical care. If you are having trouble finding medical care, please let us know and we will help refer you to a practitioner or organization so that you receive the respectful care you and your baby both need and deserve.
Class, Workshop or Appointment Cancellations
All private appointments or private workshops require 24-hour notice of cancellation, except in the case of emergencies or sudden-onset illness. Appointments given less than 24 hours cancellation notice will be billed at the full session or workshop fee.
If your teacher or practitioner must cancel, she will do so with 24 hours advanced notice, except in the case of emergency or sudden-onset illness. If she must cancel in less than 24 hours, because of emergency, you will be offered $20 off your next session.
Class Series or Workshop Registrations and Cancellations:
A completed registration form and full payment for class series or workshops is required to reserve a space.*
If you decide to withdraw from the series or workshop, you must submit written or emailed withdrawal two weeks prior to the series/workshop start date. With adequate notice, any payments will be returned, minus a $35 administrative fee.
If the series or workshop is cancelled by Open Circle, you will be offered the choice of a full refund or credit at the Center that can be used for any of our services.
*Payment plans can be discussed on an individual basis prior to registering when finances do not allow pre-payment. All other registration and cancellation policies apply.
Class Card and Membership Policies
Class cards have a 3-month expiration date. If you have classes remaining after three months, you can pay $20 (10-class card) or $40 ($20-class card) to extend your remaining classes with no expiration date.
Class cards cannot be refunded after purchase date.
Memberships are available for a minimum of a 6-month term.* There is an early termination fee of $200 for memberships cancelled before completion of the term.
*Families with 4 or 5 months remaining until their due date would would like to purcahse a membership during that time, can do so for a prorated 4 or 5 payments, accordingly. The early termination fee remains at $200.
Your practitioner or teacher will make every effort to begin your session on time. If a therapy session begins it late you will be offered the option of a complete session that day, or a longer session making up for missed time for your next appointment.
Classes, Workshops and Support Groups: Teachers are expected to respect student privacy and confidentiality. Any information shared in private will not be shared in group settings or with other individuals without direct permission of the individual involved.
Open Circle students and group participants are asked to keep any personal information shared by other group/class participants confidential and private. Please feel free to share what you learn with your family and community, but please don’t share specifics about those you learned it from.
Hygiene and Dress
- Wear comfortable, flexible clothing to group classes and workshops
- Bring snacks and hydration to keep yourself comfortable
- Please remove your shoes before entering the group classroom/ If you do not like to be barefoot, please bring indoor shoes or socks with non-slip treads.
- Please do not wear strongly scented perfumes or body products in consideration of those with allergies or sensitivities
- If you are actively sick of have any concerning symptoms (fever, coughing, sneezing, vomiting or diarrhea) or have any other contagious condition, do not participate in any offerings at the center (including private sessions) until you have been clear of symptoms for 24 hours. This will help keep your fellow students, babies, teachers and therapists healthy and avoid the spread of illness at the center.
Income-Based Pricing and Income Changes
Below you will find a list of forms to complete for participation in our classes or services. When registering for classes, your space will be held once payment has been received. Forms can be emailed to us, uploaded directly to your MindBody account, or brought in in person.
Please note that all forms are kept confidential after we receive them, but privacy while being transmitted cannot be fully guaranteed.
Class Series or Workshop Registration
Class Series + Workshop Registration
7-Week Birthing Series Registration
Class Series + Workshop Registration
Contemplative Birth Workshop Birthing Series Questionnaire
Income + Resource Based Pricing Application